“Pet sitting” is defined as “the act of caring for a pet in its own home while the owner is away.” Dog walking is also a form of pet sitting since it involves coming to the pet’s home to provide exercise and companionship. Caring for pets in the clients’ homes is what separates pet sitters from boarders or doggie daycares.
What are the advantages of pet sitting (over other pet-care options)?
• Pets are happier and experience less stress at home in their familiar environment.
• Diet and exercise routines are uninterrupted.
• Travel trauma for both owner and pet is eliminated.
• Pet’s exposure to illness is minimized.
What do we do?
As the definition above indicates, we care for your pets in the your home. Pet owners often use us when they go on a vacation, travel for business, work long hours or when they are too sick or injured to care for their pet(s).
• Feeding your pets and changing their water bowls
• Providing exercise and play time (may include walking the dog)
• Cleaning litter boxes and cleaning up any other pet messes
• Administering pet medications, if needed
• Providing lots of TLC!
We also bring in mail or newspapers and alternate blinds and lights to give your home a “lived-in look” if you are away. We can also perform other tasks as requested by you.